The Villa Park City Council Candidates Forum, sponsored by the Villa Park Community Services Foundation, will take place at 7pm on Wednesday, October 5th, 2022 at the Villa Park City Hall Council Chambers. The agenda is as follows:
7:00-7:10: Audience submits written questions
7:10-7:15: Welcome - VPCS Foundation
7:15-7:20: Forum Format - Moderator Pat Buttress
7:20-7:35: 2 minute Opening Statements - 5 candidates
7:35-8:35: Questions from audience - 1 minute response per candidate
8:35-8:50: 2 minute Closing Statements - 5 candidates
8:50: Closing - Moderator and VPCS Foundation
The audience is encouraged to submit written questions to all candidates on the cards provided, however, please note the following:
- Multiple questions may be submitted by a member of the audience, but each question must be asked on a separate card.
- Written questions may be submitted during the forum until the moderator determines that, due to time restrictions, further questions will not be entertained. If an additional card is needed, raise your hand and a Forum Page will supply it at the end of the current questioning period.
- Questions may be asked that require only a "Yes" or "No" answer from the candidate without an explanation of their opinion. Please indicate if your question requires this response.
- All questions will be reviewed by the screener and moderator to determine if they are appropriate. Questions of a similar nature will be grouped and a representative one asked to allow time for additional questions.
- Questions may be asked for a single candidate, however, they will be reserved until there is an equal number of specific questions for each of the five candidates.
Candidates may provide their campaign information after the Candidates Forum on a table outside the Council Chambers. Promotional material for any candidate is not permitted inside the Council Chambers or to be exhibited outside before or during the Forum.
Beneath the surface of the ground, hidden from view, are gas lines, water lines, cable lines, and other utilities. If you don’t know exactly where they are, your digging could cause disruption to services, harm to the general public, injuries, or even an explosion. By using direct.digalert.org, you begin the process of notifying DigAlert members who own underground utilities and have requested notification within the area of your planned excavation.
If you are undergoing work on your property that could affect utility infrastructure, make sure that you are in compliance with the City, in contact with utility providers, and in communication with neighbors who may be affected by the work. DigAlert is one resource that can help facilitate the communication necessary to prevent an accident.
More Information About DigAlert
This is a reminder that short-term rentals are NOT allowed in the City of Villa Park. If anyone is aware of any please contact City Hall at (714) 998-1500 or complete the Code Violation Complaint Form.
Visit the OCMVCD website for tips regarding how you can check for any mosquito breeding sites at your home.
Residents should take the following precautions to help reduce the chances of breeding mosquitoes:
- Dump and drain any containers filled with water at least once a week
- Clean and scrub bird baths and pet water bowls weekly
- Do not transport or share plant clippings rooted in water
- Drill a hole or puncture containers to eliminate standing water
The Senior Mobility Program provides door-to-door taxi services for eligible Villa Park residents to limited destinations. Participants must be at least 60 years of age. Qualified residents must apply and upon application approval, a Senior Mobility ID number will be issued to authorize program participation. This program operates twenty-four (24) hours, seven (7) days a week, including holidays.
Click here for the program guidelines and more information. If you are interested in joining this program, you can apply online at the same link above or at City Hall.
Check with City Hall before building or remodeling any structure. Call City Hall at (714) 998-1500.
City Hall is located at:17855 Santiago Blvd. Villa Park, CA 92861
See below for specific department hours:
- The Building Department is open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8-11am or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Planning Department is open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9am-12pm or you can email email@example.com.
- The Engineering Department is open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9am-3pm or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLICK HERE FOR A HANDOUT ON WHEN A PERMIT IS REQUIRED.
Office on Aging Orange County
Call us at 1-800-510-2020 or 714-480-6450
Information and Assistance for older adults, caregivers, and persons with disabilities.
• Adult Day Health Care
• Alzheimer’s/Dementia Support
• Caregiver Resources
• Elder Abuse
• In-Home Care Assistance
• Senior Employment
...And Much more
AlertOC is here to help you prepare and stay informed of emergencies. Orange County is prone to many disasters, including earthquakes, wildfires, landslides, flooding, terrorism, gas or chemical leaks, and more. Sign up for AlertOC to receive life-saving alerts and stay one step ahead of emergencies. It’s fast and FREE! www.AlertOC.org
. AlertOC is an emergency notification system that keeps Orange County community members informed of immediate natural threats to the community. Help us become one of the most prepared communities in the county by staying one step ahead of emergencies and signing up for AlertOC today!
Are you going away for a vacation? The Orange County Sheriff's Department offers Vacation Checks for residents who are away from their homes for a prolonged period of time. This service is free of charge. To schedule a vacation check, contact the Sheriff's Department and provide your address & the dates you will be away. Deputies will be drive and/or stop by your home and ensure that no windows or doors have been opened or tampered with.
For additional information or to schedule a vacation check, please call the Orange County Sheriff's Department at (714) 647-7000.