OC Vector Control - September Report
Click here to download the Villa Park OC Vector Control report for the month of September. Visit the OCMVCD website for tips regarding how you can check for any mosquito breeding sites at your home.
Residents should take the following precautions to help reduce the chances of breeding mosquitoes:
- Dump and drain any containers filled with water at least once a week
- Clean and scrub bird baths and pet water bowls weekly
- Do not transport or share plant clippings rooted in water
- Drill a hole or puncture containers to eliminate standing water
To prevent mosquito bites, take action and follow these tips:
- Apply mosquito repellents to exposed skin before going outdoors
- Wear repellent containing DEET®, Picaridin, IR3535, or oil of lemon eucalyptus
- Close all unscreened doors and windows to prevent mosquitoes from entering your home or space; repair broken or damaged screens
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants, and opt for lighter-colored clothing
Remember, mosquito control is a shared responsibility. Click here to learn how you can take charge of your yard.