About the Program
The City of Villa Park’s Senior Mobility Program is funded by the Orange County Transit Authority (OCTA) and is designed to provide door-to-door taxi service to eligible Villa Park residents. The current cab operator is California Yellow Cab. Both standard sedans and vans with lift equipment are available. Service is provided to Villa Park residents who are 60 years of age or older. Qualified residents must have an approved application on file and be issued a Senior Mobility ID Number before being authorized to participate in this program. The program operates seven (7) days a week, twenty four (24) hours a day, including holidays.
Eligible trips provided under the Senior Mobility Program are limited to Senior Centers, nutrition, shopping, standard medical appointments, personal care (i.e. gym, nail and hair salons), and social recreational (i.e. movies, bowling, cultural centers, parks, libraries, historical sites or museums).
Senior Mobility Program Guidelines:
• Senior Mobility Program Participants must be at least 60 years of age
• Registered riders have a usage limit of 8 one-way trips per month (or 4 round-way trips)
• Travel up to 10 miles per one-way trip (riders will be asked to pay for regular taxi cab amount when over 10 miles).
• Riders will be responsible for $5.00 co-pay per one-way trip.
• 24 hours of advance to scheduled driver. Also, schedule in advanced if have to be picked up and dropped off.
To sign-up for the Senior Mobility Program, fill out the online application below.
For additional questions about the Senior Mobility Program, please call Villa Park City Hall at (714) 998-1500.