Orange County Mosquito and Vector Control District
Visit the OCMVCD website for tips regarding how you can check for any mosquito breeding sites at your home.
Click here to view a video on The Ankle Biter: Aedes Mosquito.
Click here to sign up for a mosquito activity kit.
Click here to view the OCMVCD report for October.
Click here to view OCMVCD outreach campaign.
Residents should take the following precautions to help reduce the chances of breeding mosquitoes:
- Dump and drain any containers filled with water at least once a week
- Clean and scrub bird baths and pet water bowls weekly
- Do not transport or share plant clippings rooted in water
- Drill a hole or puncture containers to eliminate standing water
To prevent mosquito bites, take action and follow these tips:
- Apply mosquito repellents to exposed skin before going outdoors
- Wear repellent containing DEET®, Picaridin, IR3535, or oil of lemon eucalyptus
- Close all unscreened doors and windows to prevent mosquitoes from entering your home or space; repair broken or damaged screens
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants, and opt for lighter-colored clothing
Remember, mosquito control is a shared responsibility. Click here to learn how you can take charge of your yard.