Meet the Candidates for Villa Park City Council
The Villa Park City Council Candidates Forum, sponsored by the Villa Park Community Services Foundation, will take place at 7pm on Wednesday, October 5th, 2022 at the Villa Park City Hall Council Chambers. The agenda is as follows:
7:00-7:10: Audience submits written questions
7:10-7:15: Welcome - VPCS Foundation
7:15-7:20: Forum Format - Moderator Pat Buttress
7:20-7:35: 2 minute Opening Statements - 5 candidates
7:35-8:35: Questions from audience - 1 minute response per candidate
8:35-8:50: 2 minute Closing Statements - 5 candidates
8:50: Closing - Moderator and VPCS Foundation
The audience is encouraged to submit written questions to all candidates on the cards provided, however, please note the following:
- Multiple questions may be submitted by a member of the audience, but each question must be asked on a separate card.
- Written questions may be submitted during the forum until the moderator determines that, due to time restrictions, further questions will not be entertained. If an additional card is needed, raise your hand and a Forum Page will supply it at the end of the current questioning period.
- Questions may be asked that require only a "Yes" or "No" answer from the candidate without an explanation of their opinion. Please indicate if your question requires this response.
- All questions will be reviewed by the screener and moderator to determine if they are appropriate. Questions of a similar nature will be grouped and a representative one asked to allow time for additional questions.
- Questions may be asked for a single candidate, however, they will be reserved until there is an equal number of specific questions for each of the five candidates.
Candidates may provide their campaign information after the Candidates Forum on a table outside the Council Chambers. Promotional material for any candidate is not permitted inside the Council Chambers or to be exhibited outside before or during the Forum.