Orange County Mosquito and Vector Control District
Visit the OCMVCD website for tips regarding how you can check for any mosquito breeding sites at your home.
Click here to view a video on The Ankle Biter: Aedes Mosquito.
Click here to sign up for a mosquito activity kit.
Click here to view the OCMVCD report for January.
Residents should take the following precautions to help reduce the chances of breeding mosquitoes:
- Dump and drain any containers filled with water at least once a week
- Clean and scrub bird baths and pet water bowls weekly
- Do not transport or share plant clippings rooted in water
- Drill a hole or puncture containers to eliminate standing water
To prevent mosquito bites, take action and follow these tips:
- Apply mosquito repellents to exposed skin before going outdoors
- Wear repellent containing DEET®, Picaridin, IR3535, or oil of lemon eucalyptus
- Close all unscreened doors and windows to prevent mosquitoes from entering your home or space; repair broken or damaged screens
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants, and opt for lighter-colored clothing
Remember, mosquito control is a shared responsibility. Click here to learn how you can take charge of your yard.